Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What I'm Hearing: Two State Solution

Today was just a day of listening and being near Him. He has been calling me to get up again early. This is a good thing. I have been away from doing this for a long time now. But I haven't been getting up and doing it. I've been sleeping in. However, I do spend time with him once I'm up. I don't kick myself over this. I just spend the time. I know it's all good if I do get up like I once did at 6am. I just need to get back in the habit of doing it.

I don't hear like I did a year ago. He spoke to me almost daily, or so it seemed. But I didn't want to accept responsibility of the task He asked me to do. But He knew I wouldn't do it. I guess no one is reading this, so I'll just go ahead and be honest about it. He told me there would be a war in Israel, and I was to tell people. But I didn't want to tell. And I asked Him to remove that task from me. So He did. Then the war broke out. I don't even know who I would have told. I just know I was being selfish. I'm a believer in Messiah Yeshua and I'm of Jewish heritage. I feared the rejection from my Jewish brothers, I guess. I'm not sure. Anyone else, but I didn't want to have to tell my Jewish brothers and sisters. And, I was stupid. But that's over now.

God is good. He is good all of the time. And His mercy endures forever. I've been reading the book of Zech and I think that there is a passage in this book that predicts the dividing of Israel into a Jewish state and a Palestinian state. Look at Zechariah 13:8 "It will come about in all the land,"Declares the LORD,"That two parts in it will be cut off and perish; But the third will be left in it." I think the two parts that perish represent the Palestinians--they will cease (perish) from being part of Israel. And the "third" is the state of Israel itself. I think that this is a prophecy that will be eventually fulfilled and we will see a "two state" solution.

As a Jewish person, and a Zionist, I'm not saying I'm all for the dividing of Israel. And, I admit, I could be wrong about my interpretation of this verse. However, if this is what is written in Scripture, then we must not fight it. What will be, will be. And if you look just a bit further in Zechariah, you will see that there will be a war over the dividing of Jerusalem and then our Messiah will come. This is the return of Yeshua/Jesus! These things must happen. Jesus is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment